As you may remember from my first draft, I submitted a funky-jazz tune that was a work in progress. Well, I ended up scrapping that piece and started fresh (1 a.m. this morning), using some sounds that express a more laid -back, relaxed vibe. Currently with my new draft, I have an Intro, and a 16-bar Verse that leads into the chorus. I had no clue what to do for vocals, so after some reccomendations, I decided to break out my pen and pad and begin writing with the chorus on cycle mode. My voice was a bit scratchy when I recorded my vocals, so a plug-in was much needed (ended up applying a telephone voice-over plugin).
Moving forward, I have some change-ups that I want to add, along with a few other sounds before I begin final EQ/mixdown. The vocals I have now are temporary, so I need to finish writing/recording, and then focus on polishing this track up.
From the Dochtermann Chap. 2 reading, I’ve learned to properly label each track and arrange them in proper order, preparing them for final mix down. It was also cool learning about microphone techniques and acoustics, and how sound quality makes all the difference in a track. I look forward to getting more deeper into the mixing aspect because that is where I feel I need the most coaching (I am never satisfied with my mix, and I want to learn how to make my tracks have that full/wide sound.